Inflatable pool — how to choose, install, operate and seal?
In the country or outside the city, especially in hot weather, you often want to plunge into fresh cool water. If there is no river, lake or other body of water nearby, an inflatable pool will come to the rescue. There are many different options that can be installed on the street, in the country or in the room.
Pros and cons of inflatable pools
The list of advantages depends on the design. Among the common for all types of inflatable pools, the following advantages can be distinguished:
- products are affordable;
- installation does not require complicated preparation and special devices;
- mobile design provides the ability to easily transport the pool if necessary;
- the coating is easy to care for and clean it from dirt;
- manufacturers offer a huge variety of options in any color and size;
- The polyvinyl chloride used for the outer coating is safe and has good wear resistance.
Having numerous advantages, an outdoor inflatable pool for summer cottages also has disadvantages:
- external PVC coating should be protected from prolonged exposure to sunlight;
- due to the inflatable structure, the pool has a shallow depth;
- the walls are easily damaged by sharp objects;
- water must be changed regularly, otherwise the walls will be covered with plaque.
For each type, it is necessary to use a specific pump that is capable of creating a pressure that does not exceed the allowable one. To extend the life of the pool, which will be located on the street, you should choose a PVC product with special additives that protect against ultraviolet radiation. If the height of the sides is more than 100 cm, you need to additionally purchase a ladder.
What is the best pool frame or inflatable?
When choosing, consider the following factors:
- Location. The inflatable pool for giving can be established on any plain surface. For the frame structure, you must first prepare a special site.
- Difficulty of installation. The inflatable pool can be prepared for use in about 15 minutes: it is necessary to pump air with a pump and fill in water. Frame requires a more complex installation.
- Load degree. For children’s swimming, an inflatable structure is best suited. The frame pool is able to withstand a higher load without deforming during use.
An inflatable pool is best used in cases where ease of installation is the main factor. If you want to equip the structure with additional devices, for example, a water filter or use it for bathing adults, it is better to opt for frame models that are large in size.
Inflatable pool — types
The designs differ in volume, material of manufacture and the design of the chamber for pumping air. The family inflatable pool according to the method of filling is divided into two categories:
- Bulk. Air is pumped only into the upper ring. The walls of the pool are a dense polymer material. The ring plays the role of a retaining board: as it fills with water, it rises and pulls the walls along.
- Fully inflatable. Air is pumped into all components except the bottom. This type is more suitable for children’s swimming, and also does not require a ladder: you can climb into the pool on a durable inflatable board.
inflatable spa pool
In addition to conventional tanks for filling with water, there are also structures equipped with additional devices. One of them is the inflatable jacuzzi spa pool. It is equipped with jets for hydromassage, water supply and circulation system. The outer part is made of laminated PVC, and the inside walls are made of composite materials. This design provides high strength and long service life.
Children’s inflatable pool
Manufacturers produce many types of designs for bathing babies. The inflatable pool for children differs in bright colors and the small sizes. Due to the small amount of water, it quickly heats up in the sun, so this option is ideal for giving or country rest. In addition to standard designs, an inflatable children’s pool can be made in the form of fabulous animals or favorite cartoon characters.
How to choose an inflatable pool?
It is necessary to take into account the age of the swimmers and their number:
- For small children, it is worth choosing an inflatable pool with a depth of no more than 20 cm. Small structures have a capacity of 45 to 90 liters. It is worth paying attention to the presence of a corrugated bottom — it helps children not to slip during the game. In addition to the usual ones, there are combined play pools with inflatable animal figures, slides and fountains.
- For older children and adults, an inflatable deep pool is suitable. It must be chosen based on location and frequency of use. If the design will be located in the country and used regularly throughout the warm season, you can purchase a large bulk pool equipped with water filters. Since in most cases the device is located outdoors, pay special attention to the density and quality of the material.
Inflatable pool — material
For the manufacture of polyvinyl chloride film is used, which may include 1-3 layers. Such material is highly resistant to mechanical stress and is able to withstand the pressure of a large volume of water. A large PVC pool is best bought from a denser material with at least 3 layers.
Sizes of inflatable pools
All designs can be divided into three categories:
- Mini. Designed for children under 1.5 years old and have the most modest dimensions — the height of the side is only 170 mm.
- Medium. Designed for ages 1.5-3 years. Board height — up to 500 mm. This category also includes pools for preschool children.
- Large. They hold up to 2.5 tons of water and are used for bathing adults. The inflatable big pool is in addition equipped with the filter for water purification.
Inflatable pool shape
In most cases, designs are made in the form of a circle. This shape ensures optimal distribution of water pressure on the walls. In addition, there are two more types:
- Inflatable rectangular pool. Compared to the round one, it is larger in size. A reinforced frame is used as an additional support.
- Inflatable oval pool. Their advantage lies in the fact that this shape allows you to swim several meters, while having a relatively small size.
Complete set of inflatable pools
Manufacturers offer many options that include accessories. An inflatable pool with a slide, fountain, waterfall or animal figures helps to entertain the child. Special filters for water purification facilitate the maintenance of the structure. The pool can be equipped with massage facilities. Large units come with a water pump to help fill the tank quickly.
If the pool has significant dimensions, it is necessary to constantly clean the water in it. For this, special hand rakes can be used, with which you can collect debris from the surface. For cleaning, filters with replaceable cartridges are used, which accumulate dirt and sediment. Devices can be supplied with the pool or purchased separately. For cleaning, you can use chemical compounds that effectively dissolve and eliminate dirt.
Rating of inflatable pools
Since all designs differ in size, it is worth highlighting the most popular models for adults and children separately:
- Manufacturer bestway offers several oval and round shaped pools that are designed for teenagers and adults. Designs are easy to use and designed for outdoor installation. The kit comes with water pumps and replacement filter cartridges.
- The best inflatable pool for kids Intex. It is available in several versions: for the little ones, with slides, waterfalls and additional toys.
Inflatable pool pump
Since many models have a large capacity, it is inconvenient to pump them manually. To quickly install an inflatable pool for the whole family, you must use a special pump. Often it comes in a kit, but it can also be purchased separately. For small pools, manual pumps can be used, and for large pools, high-performance electric ones. The equipment manufactured by Bestway and Intex is considered the most reliable. Companies offer several types of manual and electric pumps to inflate pools of any size.
Installation of an inflatable pool
The process includes several steps:
- Location selection. It is necessary to decide where the inflatable pool will be placed. The place must be cleared of sharp objects and stones so as not to damage the bottom. The site should be flat and located on the ground well warmed by the sun’s rays. For better thermal insulation, a foil or tarpaulin can be placed under the collapsible pool.
- Mounting. In order not to damage the PVC covering, it is necessary to unfold the pool directly at the installation site. After that, you can begin to fill the structure with air using a pump.
- Installing additional items. Larger pools may require ladders, filters, and other fixtures. Volumetric structures must be fixed to ensure stability. To a large pool you need to connect a drain to drain the water. All these works are carried out at the final stage.
When filling the pool with water, pay attention to its level. For the filter to work properly and for the comfort of vacationers, it is necessary that the structure stand on a flat surface. If you notice that the water level is different near different walls, you need to drain it, level the soil and reinstall the pool. When filling, it is necessary to periodically straighten the folds between the walls and the bottom so that the liquid does not stagnate in them.
Operation of the inflatable pool
The use of the design requires compliance with certain rules:
- You can not jump on an inflatable surface.
- Do not open the pool packaging with sharp objects.
- Do not leave the inflatable pool in the country for a long time under the sun — a long exposure to heat leads to air expansion and failure of the structure.
- Do not pump the product too much with air — PVC walls may not withstand a large load.
- Water must be cleaned regularly, as bacteria and dirt shorten the life of the product.
- It is worth making sure that pets do not approach the inflatable pool, which can tear the outer cover with their teeth or claws.
- After use, you need to thoroughly rinse and dry the pool, and only after that it can be put away for storage.
How to seal an inflatable pool?
Although modern designs are made of high strength materials, careless handling can lead to a puncture. In this case, you need to know how to seal the inflatable pool and how to carry out this procedure:
- First you need to find the puncture site. To do this, foam is applied to the areas inflated with air and they look at where bubbles will form on the surface.
- As an emergency way to eliminate a puncture, you can also use ordinary stationery tape, but it will last for a maximum of a week. A more reliable way is to install a rubber patch. The surface is pre-cleaned and degreased. Moment glue is applied to a piece of rubber and the pool cover, after which the patch is pressed tightly to the puncture site. For fixing, it is worth leaving the structure for 12 hours so that the glue grabs firmly.
- To seal the inflatable round pool, you can use special repair kits. Large manufacturers offer to purchase a kit that includes patches and special glue.
- Specialized workshops can offer a cold vulcanization method, which is used in the repair of car tires. To seal the inflatable pool, it is better to use this method, then the structure will last a long time and will not let air through.