Iron fence from a profile, picket fence, rods, mesh, blinds and other options
In terms of strength and durability, an iron fence surpasses most alternative designs made from other materials, even with minimal maintenance. Depending on the budget, it is easy to find a suitable option for a sectional fence for a suburban cottage, private cottage, office or other facility.
Types of iron fences for private houses
A lot of varieties of modern rolled metal are produced from metal, many of which are suitable for making beautiful fences. Depending on the technology, an iron fence is made by forging, laser cutting, stamping, or woven from wire. The advantages of a metal fence are solid:
- Excellent durability.
- Simple care.
- Facade iron fences are resistant to adverse natural influences (precipitation, frost, glaciation, heat).
- Huge selection of sections of different designs.
- Relatively fast installation.
- Good maintainability for most types of iron fence.
- Trouble-free replacement of a damaged fragment.
Disadvantages of iron fences:
- Without regular painting, the material will rust over time.
- Heavy metal sections require the installation of strong supports.
- When installing some types of fences, you need to use welding equipment.
Profile iron fence
Sections of stamped steel are replacing the usual wooden picket fence everywhere due to the excellent properties of the new material. A metal fence from a profile captivates with a democratic price, but it also has some disadvantages. Consider first the positive properties of these fences:
- Gorgeous variety of color palette.
- Relatively inexpensive cost.
- Due to good rigidity, the maximum height of the section reaches 6 m.
- Durability up to 15 years.
- Installation is simple.
- Easy to dismantle and change sections.
- Solid sheets protect the site from street dust and noise.
- Fire resistance.
- You can combine corrugated board with forged decor, barbed wire.
Disadvantages of corrugated sections:
- A solid iron fence prevents the area from being blown through.
- High corrugated board obscures plantings.
- Increased windage increases the loosening of the structure.
Iron picket fence
This material is produced by stamping, but outwardly it looks more original in comparison with the monotonous corrugated board, remotely resembling an old village fence. Iron picket fence attracts with the following advantages:
- The design does not interfere with air exchange.
- Acceptable durability.
- Easy to combine with other decor.
- Variety of shapes and colors.
- You can adjust the degree of shading with different mounting options — checkerboard or one-sided filling.
Cons of an iron picket fence:
- The cost is higher in comparison with corrugated board.
- Longer installation process.
- It is necessary to use a large number of self-tapping screws (from 4 pieces for each bar) or rivets.
- Reduced vandal resistance.
iron rod fence
From a distance, this design resembles a forged fence. In the manufacture of sections, welding is used, but they are assembled from inexpensive rolled products. They make such a fence from iron pipes, fittings and square rods. Often, rings, rhombuses, and other small geometric elements are used as decor. The spans can be completely enclosed in a frame or recruited from separately located rods.
An iron fence made of rods has the following advantages:
- Inexpensive cost.
- Good anti-vandal properties.
- Simple construction.
- No sail.
- There is no shading for plantings.
Cons of a fence made of metal rods:
- Modest design.
- Personal space is open for review.
Wrought iron fences
The manufacture of such a design requires manual skilled work and takes a lot of time, so the cost is the highest. Iron fences for a private house, made by forging, are now mainly installed on stone or brick pillars. In terms of strength and durability, figured rods with decor surpass standard rolled products, and they look incredibly aesthetically pleasing.
Advantages of forged spans:
- Good site protection.
- Elegant look.
- Exclusive design.
- Simple care.
- No big shadow.
- The ventilation of the territory does not suffer.
Cons of wrought iron fences:
- The construction is expensive.
- Relatively difficult installation.
- Iron fence requires protection against corrosion with special compounds.
- The fenced area is open to the public.
iron fence mesh
Braided wire fencing is the budget choice. A simple metal mesh fence will help isolate green spaces, a production facility, warehouses or an area for walking animals for relatively little money. The spans are made of twisted or welded wire, they are fastened with a hinge, brackets, clamps. Cells, depending on the assembly technology, are diamond-shaped, rectangular, square.
Advantages of mesh fences:
- Easy installation.
- You can reach any height.
- A galvanized or polymer-coated eurogrid does not require special protection methods.
Disadvantages of a mesh fence:
- In comparison with other types of metal fences, the lowest durability.
- A simple design looks unpresentable against the backdrop of a beautiful facade and is more suitable for an economic zone.
- Mesh structures without a protective coating need to be painted.
iron fence shutters
The inventors of this design tried to reduce the disadvantages of solid and lattice sections by installing the picket fence horizontally at a slight slope. Such an iron fence with pillars resembles huge blinds. It lets in light and air, which is appreciated by gardeners, but blocks the view from the streets. In terms of other characteristics, the fence differs little from corrugated board or metal picket fence.
Cons of fences blinds:
- Small animals can crawl through the gaps in the lamellas.
- Blinds protect from prying eyes at a distance, near the territory through the gaps a little visible.
iron carved fence
It is easy to produce solid stamped sections, but they look relatively uniform. Previously, wrought iron fences with patterns were considered the most original. Now there is an original alternative — a steel fence made by laser cutting. The pattern here is flat, with smooth edges without jagged edges, there is no scale. The maximum dimensions of the processed sheet are 3000x1500x16 mm. The equipment allows you to cut out the most fantastic ornaments of any complexity:
- Geometric patterns.
- Plant theme.
How to close the iron fence?
Budget mesh or lattice fences often have an unpresentable appearance. Many owners tend to cover the metal fence with something in order to reduce the view of the private area and improve the presentable appearance. There are several ways to solve the difficult task of landscape design:
- Use of a camouflage net.
- The use of propylene fence tape.
- Cover with reed mats.
- Close with sheet polycarbonate.
How to decorate an iron fence?
If there is a desire not only to close the view, but to make the landscape as picturesque as possible, more original solutions must be used to solve the problem. You can build beautiful iron fences based on a cheap chain-link mesh in the following ways:
- Creating a hedge using mesh as a support.
- Using a photo grid with an original print.
- Decorative iron fence with lace weaving. Patterns are created using wire or plastic tape.
How to put up an iron fence?
The technology for installing an iron fence can vary significantly depending on the material. Consider the list of the main elements required for the installation of a metal fence:
- Material for the manufacture of spans — mesh, reinforcement or sheet metal.
- Components for cement mixture.
- Measuring tools.
Solve the problem of how to install an iron fence, you need to gradually. Conventionally, the complex of works can be divided into the following main stages:
- Installation of supports — installation of iron pipes or brick (stone) laying. Wooden poles are suitable for mesh or spans of light bars.
- Lag fastening. The exception is when the section is fixed directly to the posts.
- Frame coloring.
- Installing sections.
How to install iron fence posts?
The use of metal pipes or profiles is the fastest and most practical support option for making fences of any design and length. Installing iron fence posts is relatively simple:
- Mark the territory and hammer in the pegs.
- Observe the gaps between the supports of about 2.5-3 m.
- Depending on the diameter and thickness of the pipes, the following methods of fixing the supports in the ground can be used — driving in, concreting, butting.
- Drive-in is used on hard ground. First you need to drill or dig holes up to half a meter deep. It is better to hammer the pipe together, a partner is needed to support the support in an upright position.
- When concreting, it is recommended to mix the mortar in a ratio of 1:3:5 (cement, sand mixture, crushed stone). The depth of the hole is about 1.2 m. Next, pour the solution, compact the mixture, set and fix the post vertically.
- When bottled, the depth of the hole is from 1.2 m. The bottom must be well tamped. The method is suitable for moving soils, but here it plays the role of drainage. For backfill, use a fine fraction of crushed stone or gravel. Fill the hole with the composition in small portions and tamp well, periodically adding a little water.
Installation of an iron fence
Fixing the section to the posts can be done in different ways, taking into account the type of material, design, and purpose of the fence. Solid corrugated board or picket fence is attached to the logs, and the finished assembled spans of reinforcement or rod are mounted directly to the supports by welding or self-tapping screws. Consider the common options for how to make an iron fence:
- Vertical installation of sections to horizontal joists.
- Installation of a horizontal fence.
- Installation of a mesh welded fence.
- Ways of fastening the chain-link mesh.
- Fastening of forged sections.
How to paint an iron fence?
The durability of the fence depends on the quality of the protective layer. The characteristics of paint and varnish compositions are very different, so their choice is made depending on the decorative qualities, material and manufacturing technology of the installed sections. Consider the most popular types of paint:
- hammer paints — unique surface texture, good anti-corrosion properties, excellent adhesion, durability up to 15 years. Examples — Maxima Hammer Enamel, Hammer Lux, Bio Dur 3 in 1.
- blacksmith paint — durability up to 15 years, resistance to temperature extremes and other natural factors, excellent adhesion, easy application. It is intended for cast iron sections, forging, non-ferrous alloys. Examples: Prestige Grafit, Certa Plast, ELCON SMITH.
- Acrylic compositions — the basis is water, suitable for cast iron sections, corrugated board, galvanization, non-ferrous alloys. Durability up to 8 years, non-toxic, elastic, odorless. Examples: «Prestige enamel», «Tex enamel primer», Maxima.
- Alkyd compounds — resistant paint for an iron fence on the street, low price, low consumption, does not leave streaks. Examples: Panssarimaali Tikkurila, PF 115, Sadolin MASTER LUX 15.
- Rubber (alkyd-latex) paint – for corrugated board, galvanization, steel. Excellent elasticity, adhesion, durability, resistance to chemicals and weather factors. Examples: MULTI FLEXIBLE PAINT BAYRIS, Chief Technologist, Ispolin Rezin-farba.
- 5 Stunningly Beautiful Minimalist Plots (I Want to Give Up the Garden)
- 7 useful accessories that will make you want to spend even more time in the garden
- Not only water lilies: 5 beautiful plants for a country pond
- 6 successful examples of zoning a summer cottage
- How to grow a petunia: a detailed guide for gardeners
- Moyo садовая техника
- Без рубрики
- Благоустройство участка
- Дача, сад, огород
- Двор и ограждения
- Деревья кустарники
- Дизайн сада
- Мангалы, коптильни
- Озеленение участка
- Участок с нуля
- Цветы и травы
- Элементы сада