145 photos of site design options
The variety of landscape styles is amazing. The choice of design should be approached wisely so that the overall image of the garden plot comes out harmonious. In order to make it easier to decide on the design of the garden, it is necessary to carefully study the types and photos of modern landscape design styles.
Brief content of the article:
One of the main items in the Japanese garden is stones. Decorating them in this case is not just a design. They are used to give the garden a semantic load, since in Japan home gardens are used for philosophical reflection and achieving harmony with the outside world.
In addition to a large number of stones, this design suggests the presence of undersized flora, a pond and paths. To apply the Japanese style, it is not necessary to have a larger space.
A separate view is the rock garden, which is a small area that is covered with pebbles.
It is characterized by simplicity and naturalness. English style in landscape design does not involve the use of artsy items. To decorate the territory in this design, you must adhere to the natural landscape. It should create a romantic atmosphere of the estates of the 19th century.
The intervention of human hands in the design of the territory should not stand out. Unlike a regular garden, decorated in the English style, it assumes maximum naturalness.
Among the main characteristics of the landscape style in landscape design are the following:
- The appearance should give the impression of the absence of human intervention. The use of winding rocky paths and ponds is welcome. The lawn needs to be constantly mowed.
- This type of registration is applicable on household plots with an area of at least 12 acres. Unfortunately, the owners of territories of a smaller area will not be able to arrange a plot in the English manner.
- It is necessary to use green and silver shades in all exterior elements.
- Here, vertical gardening of the facade of the house and fences are often used. The space is surrounded by compositions of lush flowers and plants. Landscape type involves the mandatory use of juniper, arborvitae or boxwood.
- Paths from the house must be decorated with natural materials. It can be wood or stone. A small pond with a bridge and water lilies, as well as benches or arbors made of natural materials, entwined with lianas, can be a good exterior item.
Usually in the design of home gardens in England, neatly trimmed lawns, watery plants and small terraces are used.
For this ancient Egyptian style, the characters are straight lines, a strict type of buildings and a large space. It is also called French, architectural and classical. The regular style was first used in France during the reign of Louis XIV.
The main idea in the landscape design of that time was to streamline the flora and subordinate it to man.
In the design, fountains and ponds are used only in a round or oval shape. And all trees and shrubs are regularly trimmed to geometric shapes. This type of design became the basis for modern high-tech.
Country is very popular at the moment. It has received such wide distribution due to the simplicity of design and naturalness. It lacks clear lines.
When arranging in a rustic style, you can use the freedom of imagination. The main thing is that in the end you should get a garden that is as close as possible to the rural type.
There are several features in country style design:
- Square. The size of the plot is not critical. The main thing is that the territory is suitable for recreation and gardening.
- The use of environmentally friendly materials: wood, vine, stones.
- Planting fruit trees and shrubs: apple, cherry, currant, etc.
- Decorative elements. In the design, you can use hedges, wells, benches, etc.
- If it is planned to equip a reservoir, then maximum naturalness should be used (for example, a small pond overgrown with reeds).
Provence is suitable for all lovers of classics and pragmatism. It combines elements of rustic design and the atmosphere of France.
Provence-style plots should not use strict lines. On the contrary, some negligence is welcomed in the design. You can use objects of irregular geometric shapes.
Also, the use of benches, hand-made crafts, leaky baskets and antique-style carts is welcome. When designing a territory, it is better to immediately determine the location of decor items.
As for the flora, it is necessary to use all kinds of plants and trees with bright foliage. Flowers should be blooming and bright. The laying of rocky paths is also welcome.
Such a design contains the same basics as interior design. First of all, this is the use of simple concise forms. Strange as it may seem, it is rather difficult to design a site in minimalism, since the designer is faced with the task of revealing the idea as much as possible with minimal use of decor.
Minimalism can be applied to a site of any size. In this case, it is imperative to use zoning elements. Minimalism does not call for the use of only strict and evenly defined lines.
What is definitely worth giving up is a large number of outbuildings. But various patios, stairs and podiums will look elegant in a similar design.
As for the color scheme, minimalism welcomes pastel colors, as well as khaki and silver.
It is not so important what materials will be used in the design of the garden. Both artificial and natural products can be used.
However, in the design of the site, it is necessary to use only one type of material in all buildings. That is, if brick was used somewhere, then all gazebos, houses and paths should be made of this material.
There are no special requirements for the choice of plants and trees in minimalism. You can plant fertile trees or willow and birch. For decoration, you can use large metal gazebos or mirror objects. If it is planned to equip a reservoir, then it must be of the correct form.
When designing a backyard area, you can apply a combination of styles, but the combination of different designs should be done very carefully.
In any case, if you want to use elements of any particular type, combining them with other decorative elements, they should be used only in one part of the infield. One way or another, the arrangement of the garden is preceded by careful and competent planning.
Photos of landscape design styles
Save the article to your page:
Post published: 10.10
Join the discussion:
- 5 Stunningly Beautiful Minimalist Plots (I Want to Give Up the Garden)
- 7 useful accessories that will make you want to spend even more time in the garden
- Not only water lilies: 5 beautiful plants for a country pond
- 6 successful examples of zoning a summer cottage
- How to grow a petunia: a detailed guide for gardeners
- Moyo садовая техника
- Без рубрики
- Благоустройство участка
- Дача, сад, огород
- Двор и ограждения
- Деревья кустарники
- Дизайн сада
- Мангалы, коптильни
- Озеленение участка
- Участок с нуля
- Цветы и травы
- Элементы сада