Exterior decoration of a wooden house — materials for exterior decoration
The exterior decoration of a wooden house should be carried out not only taking into account decorative functions, but also with a prerequisite for the implementation of a heat-insulating and protective function. To perform such a complex of tasks, there are several plating technologies at once.
Exterior decoration of a wooden house
First of all, it is worthwhile to understand that such insulation work is allowed to be carried out only after a certain time has passed after the construction of housing. Such a warning is connected with the fact that the house shrinks in the period from 6 months to 2 years, depending on the type of wood. When the exterior finish of a wooden house is done, the options for correcting it after unplanned shrinkage are too expensive and time-consuming to ignore this aspect. Specialists zone finishing works into such types as:
- wall cladding of a wooden house;
- exterior window trim;
- plinth sheathing;
- corner finishing.
Finishing the exterior walls of a wooden house
Since the area of u200bu200bthe walls significantly exceeds the area of u200bu200bother exterior elements of a wooden house, finishing work begins just from them. All types of exterior finishes of a wooden house suitable for its walls are presented in the following list:
- Thermal panels. This is the most popular type of wall cladding. In terms of thermal conductivity, panel elements easily compete with brickwork. The texture of the panels consists of two layers: a dense water-repellent top and an inner layer with a porous structure.
- Siding. It can be made of different materials: metal, vinyl and wood with imitation of timber. Siding is good as an exterior finish for a wooden house, because it protects the walls from mechanical damage, does not allow moisture to pass through and does not require additional maintenance.
- Clapboard. It is easy to install and has a wide price range, which differs depending on the types of wood used.
Exterior window trim in a wooden house
In a wooden structure, you can install not only windows made of natural material, but also plastic ones. Both types require high-quality slope finishes to extend the life of windows. This is considered:
- Plastic sheathing. This is the most inexpensive exterior finish of plastic windows in a wooden house that exists. Plastic slopes do not absorb moisture and have a wide palette of color combinations, but the most popular of them is imitation of valuable wood species.
- Clapboard trim. Since window slopes experience increased stress during operation, the Euro version of this material is better suited due to its density.
Exterior decoration of the plinth of a wooden house
The basement is an important part of the wall, located at the foot of the dwelling and enclosing its semi-basement part. It can be sinking, be in the same plane with the walls of the house or act against their background. The most comfortable exterior decoration of wooden houses with insulation is carried out at a protruding level, because the sinking one breaks the drain, and it is impossible to provide a plinth that is integral with the main wall with full waterproofing. Finishing materials — wood, metal, lining.
Finishing the outer corners of a wooden house
The corner elements of a house made of natural timber or logs should be sanded before direct sheathing in order to remove the remnants of the bark and seal small cracks. The exterior finish of a wooden house, the options for which will be described below, should be carried out only after a special impregnation of the polished surface with a liquid that prevents the appearance of mold and fungi. There are three types of sheathing suitable for the corners of the house:
- Facing with foil and slings. A dense layer of foil used for insulation is closed on top with wooden slings to hide flaws during construction.
- Use of corner pads. Overlays made of wood or foam material are decorative and additionally warm. They are inexpensive, so they are very popular for exterior decoration of a wooden house.
- Rope decoration. The corners of the log cabins are accentuated by tying with a jute or linen rope, the density of which serves as an additional caulk.
Materials for exterior decoration of a wooden house
- wall panels and thermal panels;
- profiled sheet;
- coloring with paint.
Lining for exterior decoration of a wooden house
The advantage of this material is the possibility of using it for interior cladding, so you can create an interior that is in harmony with the appearance of the home. Finishing the external walls of a wooden house with clapboard will cost more if you use a top-grade board: there are no defects on this one — knots, resin pockets or cracks. The plating procedure involves several stages:
- Impregnation of the lining with an antiseptic solution from the inside.
- Seal holes from knots with polymer putty and sanding with sandpaper.
- Covering lining with varnish.
- The exterior decoration of a wooden house continues after fixing the crate to level the walls.
- The first board is laid with the spike up so that the groove of the second can be strung on it. The outer and inner corners of the wooden masonry are fixed with glue with the effect of liquid nails.
Paint for the exterior of a wooden house
Only exterior paints that are resistant to fading and cracking are suitable for facade work. Staining allows you to change the design of the home, protect it from high humidity and harmful biological organisms. The interior decoration of a wooden house is not like the exterior, which requires a breathable coating. The staining algorithm for this reason consists of actions such as:
- Application of facade varnish on wood. It is transparent and contains biocidal components. The varnish visually levels the surface of the wood sheet and enhances the color pigment of the paint.
- Impregnation with tinting antiseptic. This solution, in addition to protecting against mold and bacteria, gives the wood water-repellent properties, because it contains a large amount of natural resins.
- Application of facade paint on wood. Depending on the density, a second layer of pigment may be needed.
- Exterior finish of a wooden house with special wax. It is rubbed into the surface of the paint, giving it a slight sheen and additional hydrophobic qualities.
Exterior decoration of a wooden house with a profiled sheet
Decking is a metal sheet used to cover roofs, facades and other surfaces. Finishing the outer walls of a wooden house with such a durable material increases the service life of the room and keeps its interior dry. The metal is resistant to fading and is not damaged by corrosion or high temperatures. The main criteria for choosing it are the height of the waves and the thickness of the sheets. When the optimal characteristics are selected, you can proceed with the installation:
- Frame installation. It will become an air cushion, which is needed for sound insulation, ventilation of the room and proper air circulation. Insulation is poured between the frame piles.
- Metal sheets are fastened not with nails, but with screws or special rivets. You need to screw them in at a distance of 25-30 cm from each other.
- The exterior decoration of the wooden house is completed by painting the joints of the fasteners with enamel.
Exterior decoration of a wooden house with siding
Sheathing with siding will preserve the qualities of fresh wood, and literally give new life to an old house. It is not necessary to know all types of exterior finishes for a wooden house — you can stop at this reliable and easy-to-install material. The siding has a snap lock: to install the panels, you just need to fasten them together. The most popular types of siding for exterior decoration professionals consider:
Wall panels for the exterior of a wooden house
Thermal panels can compete with panels made of other materials — with a sandwich structure, fiber cement or PVC. Wooden panels for the exterior of the house are insulated on both sides with basalt wool or expanded polystyrene slabs. They are attached like this:
- A leveling frame is installed on the outer wall.
- Panels are mounted, fastened with screws and glue «liquid nails».
- The space between the panels and the wall is filled with filler.
Facade thermal panels for the exterior of a wooden house
Thermal panels are considered a universal material for sheathing, because they both protect against moisture and insulate the room. They combine insulation with high performance finishes. Exterior decoration of a wooden house with thermal panels is carried out according to certain rules:
- They are attached to a flat base with the help of expansion dowels-sleeves through specially prepared holes.
- If the base has irregularities, the crate is made first. Wooden slats are mounted vertically, and panels are already installed on them, inserting spikes into the grooves.