3D panel fences: advantages and disadvantages
3D panel fences: advantages and disadvantages
In the 21st century, there are no problems with site fencing, and the choice of forms and types of fences is almost unlimited. So, you can build the usual structures of wood, transparent mesh barriers, exquisite buildings from forged elements, but metal sectional 3D fences have become very popular.
At the same time, the materials for the manufacture of fences are affordable. Fences from them look aesthetically pleasing, and also visually expand the space.
3D Panel Fences: Features
Fences made of 3D panels are welded structures made of steel rods that are attached to poles with clamps. Vertical rods have V-shaped bends, which are reinforced with several horizontal type ribs. The transverse spatial arrangement of elements is determined by the name. Panel fences delineate the boundaries of land plots, settlements, car parks, sports grounds and industrial areas.
The fence will create a three-dimensional optical illusion, which compares favorably with other types of fences.
- Long service life. Fences made of such panels have several protective layers against corrosive effects. Galvanized metal is equipped with an external coating (PVC, powder paint), which determines the service life, from 20 to 60 years. The rods in the fence do not deform and do not burn out from the rays of the sun, and even during the entire service life, the appearance almost does not change.
- Transparency. The fence has a high degree of light permeability and will not create obstacles for green spaces in the country. Ornamental plants planted near the fence are not limited in light access. Panels with a 3D effect will emphasize the beauty of buildings and landscapes.
- Variety of colors and configurations. The owner of the site can choose any shade of the fence, so that it fits perfectly with the design and territorial features.
- Weight. Transportation and installation of materials is carried out without the participation of expensive complex equipment, which will save.
- Ease of installation work. The main difficulty lies in the selection and installation of supports, but there are always options for choosing a low-cost and simple one. Installation consists in assembling a fence from individual elements and fixing them.
- Fences do not require much effort to maintain, and it is not necessary to tint and repair them all the time.
- Strength will be achieved by strengthening with metal rods and horizontals.
- Functionality and aesthetics. Despite the sectional nature, three-dimensional panel fences can protect the territory from the ingress of foreign animals and people.
Along with many advantages, there are also disadvantages — there is no way to create such structures with your own hands, and complex technology requires the use of special equipment.
Also, if there is a welded decor in the purchased sections, it is best to invite specialists.
Installation steps for a 3D mesh fence
For the installation of such a fence, it is worth sequentially performing several works at once. To begin with, it is worth making an accurate markup, and then prepare the holes where the pillars will be inserted and concreted. Holes can be made with your own hands or dug with a garden drill. After that, you can begin to fix the 3D mesh fences.
For the correct installation of a sectional 3D fence, accurate marking is required. To do this, you need a construction tape measure, twine, building level and pegs. A rather important point is the exact location of the supports in relation to each other. The distances must be the same, and the posts must also have the same height, because otherwise the fence will not only lose strength and stability, but also external beauty.
The depth of the holes for the supports should be at least ¼ of the total length of the post. During the preparatory stage of the recesses, the properties of the soil and the depth of their freezing should be taken into account. The calculated value must be increased if the ground freezes too deep in winter.
There are several methods for installing 3D fence supports:
- Concreting — deepen the post in the hole by 1 meter, pour the mortar into the hole (partially or completely). On bulk light soils, complete concreting should be carried out, and on strong, hard soils, holes can only be partially concreted, pouring only the top 50%. The installation of the fence can be continued only after 100% hardening of the concrete.
- Butovanie — crushed stone is used for this, and the prepared hole is filled with crushed stone (fraction from 5 to 20), sand, and then rammed. When mounting, pay close attention to the vertical bearing position. Interestingly, bottling is used on swampy and heaving soils.
- If there is a ready-made tape type of base, you can use the installation option with flanges. They, welded to the supports, are equipped with several holes, and through them it is possible to fix them with anchor bolts to the base.
The last option is installation on screw piles. When they are equipped with flanges, you can start screwing into the ground, and then attach the bases of the supports to them. This method is the least laborious of all.
How and with what to fasten the sections
Polymeric 3D fence can be mounted independently. This part of the process will not cause difficulties even for inexperienced builders. Manufacturers produce sections with the same width and ready-made holes for fixing to supports. This allows it to be set as a constructor. The modules are supplied with a set of material for fastening — brackets, clamping plates with bolts and nuts, and also clamps. The only problem is the presence of one row of holes on the pole, and the second will need to be done with a drill for metal, while observing the angles. To do this, you can use a special type of screws.