Brick gazebo: an original way to decorate any site
IN SOCIAL NETWORKS
Many homeowners cannot resist the temptation to build a gazebo on the property. In addition to creating a cozy corner in the garden area, small buildings often decorate the yards of high-rise buildings and shelter sandboxes on playgrounds. By and large, a brick gazebo is a secluded cozy corner where you can sit and drink tea, read a book, chat with friends, just relax, and not only on warm summer evenings.
The main advantages of a brick gazebo on the site
When choosing a material for the construction of any architectural object, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with all its positive and negative sides. At least in order to know what to expect from the building during operation. Among the main advantages of brick gazebos with barbecue facilities or other accessories are:
- Strength and durability. Buildings can be used for decades without losing their strength characteristics and attractive appearance. But this is possible only in those cases when high-quality materials are purchased for construction, and the building is erected in accordance with all the requirements of building technology.
- Safety. Open or closed brick gazebos are considered safer in terms of fire protection. This is especially true if you plan to equip the building with a stove, grill or barbecue.
- Respectability, durability and aesthetic appearance. Brick buildings, especially those that are complemented by wood, look great in any landscape design and are in harmony with the environment.
- Brick walls do not require complex maintenance. Surfaces do not need to be cleaned, painted or periodically impregnated with special solutions from fungi or other pests.
- Universal application. The building can be used all year round for various gatherings.
- The possibility of carrying out restoration work. A large number of various facing bricks allows you to optionally update the appearance of the building from time to time.
This is interesting! A gazebo of any type is used all year round, but for greater effect, it is recommended to install a barbecue oven, which will help make any family holiday unforgettable.
The main material from which gazebos are built is decorative brick, which is distinguished by various patterns and shapes, which allows you to create unique, dissimilar designs. Before creating a brick gazebo project, the main disadvantages of brick buildings should be taken into account:
- Considerable weight of the structure. The brick is characterized by a large weight, so the objects made from it are considered capital structures. Therefore, it will be necessary to build a solid foundation, the construction of which will entail additional significant costs.
- The complexity of the construction process. When working with bricks, you need to have at least a minimum experience of work. It will be quite difficult for a beginner to build walls on their own. It follows that if there is no experience, then you will have to invite a professional bricklayer and pay for his services.
- The impossibility of reinstalling to a new location. Due to the fact that the structure is capital, it cannot be moved to a new location if it is necessary to erect additional buildings.
The main types of gazebos by shape and type of construction
Looking through photos of brick gazebos, you can pay attention to a large number of different construction options. Experienced builders note that the gazebo can be given any shape. Consider the most common options for structures.
Square. In this case, the optimal size can be considered 4×4, 3×3 or 5×5 meters. Everything will depend on the total area of the site. A 4 × 4 m gazebo is distinguished by quick construction, easy assembly and optimal capacity. It is with this option that it is most simple to organize a comfortable room.
Rectangular. A simplified design, which is most often used for self-construction. The 3×4 m form allows you to easily and quickly calculate the required amount of building material. The rectangular design will fit well into any layout and landscaping of the site.
Round. In this case, a competent project must first be completed, since even a slight deviation can lead to a skew of the structure. This will affect not only the appearance, but also the stability of the structure. The presented brick barbecue photo gallery shows that round arbors are more often open rotundas.
Multifaceted. The most common is the hexagon shape. The original structure will complement the site and make it more elegant. However, in the case of the construction of a multifaceted structure, more material will be required than in the construction of a gazebo of any other form. The main advantage is the ability to create multiple entrances from any side of the building.
Combined. In this case, a combination of different geometric shapes is used. This design option is appropriate to build in areas characterized by a large free area. In a combined gazebo, it is convenient to divide the room into functional zones — for rest, cooking and eating.
Helpful information! When creating a project for a gazebo with a brick barbecue, it should be borne in mind that with an increase in the number of corners, the size of the structure will become larger, but the usable area will decrease by 10-20%.
Types of country arbors: photos of finished buildings and attractive sites
In addition to the fact that gazebos made of stone or brick can vary in shape and size, they are divided into three types of structures:
When building a brick building, the decision is often made to create an open version, the construction of which requires less time and money. After construction, many landowners do not miss the opportunity to protect the premises from rain, snow, dust, wind and fallen leaves.
Looking through photos of open-brick gazebos, you can pay attention to the fact that they consist of low fenced walls, supporting pillars and a roof. In this case, glazing is often absent. This option is considered acceptable if the family likes to spend time outdoors. However, a gazebo of this kind often needs to be cleaned of dust and dirt. Also, if it starts to rain slanting, or if there is a strong wind during the rain, water can get inside and ruin the whole holiday. To prevent this from happening, use plastic film, polyethylene or other materials.
The category of semi-closed gazebos includes partially glazed structures, as well as buildings with one, two or three solid brick walls. It is the windward sides that are best sheltered from the weather, for which glass or an additional wall is suitable. Thus, it will be possible to perform reliable protection against the penetration of wind and rain.
Helpful advice! Furniture or other accessories that can be damaged by temperature changes should not be left in half-closed arbors during the cold season. Due to the constant influence of cold, objects can lose strength and even deform.
Closed and semi-closed brick gazebo, basic accommodation options
The design of a closed brick gazebo is considered the most beneficial in all respects. This is due to the fact that in the summer the building remains cool, and in the cold it can be heated using a wood stove, fireplace or electric heaters.
In addition, if reliable heat retention is ensured, in the cold season, a closed gazebo can be operated as a small greenhouse, which only requires the correct placement of boxes for growing greens. When creating a project for a gazebo with a barbecue made of bricks, it is necessary to provide for constant ventilation, that is, there must be the possibility of through ventilation.
Another version of gazebos is considered to be something between open and closed buildings. In such buildings, non-standard windows embedded in the wall or lowered shutters are used to protect the interior space. Recently, due to simple use, ease of installation and reliable protection, they are becoming more and more popular.
With the help of such windows, you can protect the interior, and if there is no need, they can be completely raised and transformed into an open gazebo. For example, on warm summer days it is more relevant to leave the room open, and when bad weather sets in, it will be possible to quickly transfer the gazebo to the so-called “protected mode”.
There are several types of do-it-yourself gazebos, which are classified according to the method of construction. Attached structures are considered a continuation of the main capital structure on the site, which is most often a residential building. This allows you to reduce the cost of construction costs, because at least one wall of the building will already be ready.
If you choose the right place, taking into account the location of the non-windy side, then there will be a minimum probability of precipitation and blowing. In this case, it is important to maintain the style of the building so that it is an integral continuation of the main building.
A detached gazebo can also be either open or closed. When designing any type of building for longer operation, it is necessary to consider the presence of a solid foundation. By the nature of use, brick gazebos are divided into the following types:
- A place to sit and gather guests. For convenience, such gazebos are equipped with full-fledged summer kitchens. A good option is to install a brick stove in the gazebo, which will fill the room with warmth and comfort in case of bad weather.
- Outdoor barbecue ovens, a barbecue in a brick gazebo will allow you not only to get together, but also to enjoy freshly prepared barbecue at any time of the year. The main condition in this case is to properly ventilate. Most often, the structures have glazing.
- Closed gazebos with a fireplace. To build such buildings, you need to have average work experience, because it is not easy to lay a brick fireplace with your own hands. So that the fireplace does not smoke, and the room warms up, you need to follow the rules of masonry. It is preliminary recommended to study the basic methods of creating fireplaces.
How to properly place a gazebo with a barbecue made of bricks on the site
The choice of the optimal place for installing a gazebo will directly affect the comfort of using the building. You should not choose a place in terms of decorativeness — here you need to take into account a large number of factors. When choosing the optimal location for the placement of the building, a number of recommendations must be taken into account.
Calculate the possibility of creating a capital foundation. The implementation of the tape version is considered popular. In this case, space will be required to create underground communications. The depth of the base should not be less than 70 cm. The norms of SNiP should also be taken into account and the optimal distance from gas and water pipes should be maintained.
Take into account the features of the relief. It is not recommended to plan the construction of a brick gazebo in the lower part of the site, as there is a high probability of flooding, especially during heavy rains or snowmelt. It is better that the building is installed on a small hill, then it will be easier to lay a drainage system and think over a water drainage system. The height of the plinth must not be less than 20 cm.
Arbor from a bar: a practical structure of garden architecture
Types of timber. Dimensions of wooden elements. Gazebo configurations. How to design and build a garden structure from a bar.
Choose a cozy place. One of the important factors in installing a brick gazebo with your own hands is considered to be the right location. If there are green spaces around the building, creating additional protection from the sun and wind, it will be much more pleasant to be in such an arbor.
Consider the optimal distance from home. It is much more convenient if the gazebo is not located far from home, especially if it is not equipped with a minimal kitchen. In this case, you will have to spend a significant amount of time moving between objects.
Guess the direction of the smoke. If a barbecue is built in a brick gazebo, you need to take into account the most frequent wind direction. If smoke enters the open windows of living rooms, this will not add comfort while being in them. It is also necessary to pay attention to the location of the neighbors’ windows in order to avoid quarrels or discontent.
Distance from underground structures. When choosing the location of a brick gazebo with a foundation, it is necessary to take into account the distance from the septic tank, which should not be less than 2 meters. Ideally, the recommended distance is 5 meters. If there is an ordinary toilet with a cesspool on the street, then at least 10-12 meters must be retreated from it.
Important! When planning construction on the site, it is required to take into account the main distances: you should retreat 3 meters from other buildings with a foundation, at least 1 meter should be left to the neighbor’s fence, if the roof is pitched, it is recommended to increase the distance to 3 meters.
The listed factors should not be neglected, and the greatest attention should be paid to the location of communications conducted underground. It is important to remember that any excessive pressure on a water or gas pipeline can lead to irreversible consequences. If it is planned to use water in the recreation area, the placement of water and sewer lines should be taken into account. You also need to take into account the presence of a power line.
How to choose the best project for a gazebo made of bricks with a barbecue: photos and necessary calculations
After determining the purpose and approximate area of \u200b\u200bthe building, one should proceed to specific and accurate calculations. To begin with, they draw up a detailed drawing, focusing on ready-made photos of brick arbors with their own hands and free projects available on the network. The main requirement when drawing up a detailed drawing is to take into account such indicators:
- number of corners;
- height of walls and columns;
- roof shape;
- slope slope.
When creating a detailed plan, the pre-measured dimensions of the proposed installation site should be taken into account. If you plan to install a brazier in a brick gazebo, the drawing of this item should be done separately from the main building, so that it is convenient to calculate the amount of materials needed. The same applies to other elements, such as an oven or barbecue. A well-executed plan will allow you to calculate the cost of construction and make an estimate of future expenses.
If there is no self-confidence, it is better to invite a specialist to create a project for a stove for a brick gazebo and the building itself as a whole, then it will turn out to build a really reliable, attractive and comfortable building. After drawing up a plan and selecting materials, it is recommended to monitor prices at the nearest outlets. It is often unprofitable to order cheaper materials sold far from home, because the cost of delivery will be high.
What will be needed during construction: photo of barbecues in a gazebo made of bricks and other accessories
In order not to buy too much and not spend extra money, you should first make a list of everything you need. It should be borne in mind that a separate plan is drawn up for each detail. For example, when creating a brick barbecue project for a gazebo, you should know what other elements you need to buy. During construction, you will need to purchase the following materials:
- Cement, crushed stone, sand for the construction of a solid foundation and brickwork.
- Waterproofing material for roofing and sealing the protective layer between the foundation and masonry.
- Fittings, which are metal rods used to create a reinforcing structure of a foundation or columns, if their implementation is provided for by the project.
- Tree. Pavilions made of brick and wood are most common, because wood is used to build enclosing structures located between supporting columns. In addition, wood is necessary for arranging the formwork when pouring the foundation.
- Roofing material. Basically, the same material is attached to the gazebos as on other buildings. Often it is slate, metal tile or polycarbonate
- Fasteners: screws, nails, dowels or screws for fixing various elements
- Various little things. If you are planning a stove in a brick gazebo, you will need standard cast iron parts such as a hob, doors, latches, grates and other metal accessories. You should also take care of the presence of a sink with a mixer.
Before starting construction, many are interested in the question of which brick is better to lay down the oven and build a gazebo. When choosing, you should focus on a large number of factors and take into account the budget provided for the construction of the facility. Among the main types of bricks stand out:
- White silicate. It guarantees a neat and beautiful masonry, thanks to which the material is used for finishing work.
- Red. Differs in the increased resistance to humidity and is characterized by the long term of operation. It is recommended to build a foundation from it. Most arbors with brick pillars are made from this material.
- Clinker. An expensive brick option that does not require finishing. Using this material to create the exterior of the building will help create an attractive look for the gazebo.
The main elements that will need to be completed during construction
During the construction of gazebos, various types of foundations are created — here everything will depend on the massiveness of the structure and the presence of additional buildings. If you plan to perform light construction, you can limit yourself to a columnar base. If you need a more solid building, you will need to build a strip or tile foundation.
During the construction of an open gazebo, the roof will be installed on four brick pillars. In this case, it is enough to get by with a columnar base, in which the pillars are made in each corner of the building and go deep into the ground by 50-100 cm, depending on the type of soil on the site. For the foundation, pipes are purchased or a frame is made of reinforcement, which is poured with concrete.
The erection of a strip foundation in a brick gazebo with a barbecue, a stove begins with a trench, the depth of which is determined taking into account the depth of soil freezing. A wooden formwork is mounted in the finished ditch, reinforcement is placed, after which everything is poured with concrete.
If a solid reinforced foundation is required, work begins with the creation of a foundation pit, where the timber formwork is placed and reinforcement is installed. The final stage is the pouring of concrete. When constructing a slab foundation, the floor device is often neglected.
Helpful advice! For closed or semi-open arbors, characterized by a large mass, it is better to plan the construction of a solid or tape base, which ensures the reliability of the structure.
If swampy or loose soils are common on the site, and also in the case when the very place where the installation is planned is located on an uneven site, it is best to organize the construction of a pile foundation. This type of foundation will eliminate the need for work on leveling the site. In order to protect the facing material from damage that occurs during prolonged contact with the soil, it is required that the foundation rise above the ground by at least 20 cm. After pouring the concrete, the base must be allowed to dry for 2 weeks, after which construction can be continued.
How walls are erected, roofs are laid out and barbecues are made with their own hands in a brick gazebo
When the foundation is ready, it is laid with waterproofing materials, treated with mastic, after which they proceed to the construction of walls. Often, during work, it is required to periodically verify the lines using the building level. It is especially important to check the walls if a round gazebo is planned, because laying out a circle of bricks is a difficult task. Even one mistake can lead to the fact that the entire structure will move out. Other rules for building walls:
- If an open gazebo is planned, it is enough just to lay out brick pillars from the foundation to the roof itself.
- A semi-open gazebo suggests the presence of one or two solid walls.
- A closed-type building is being built completely, and if it is planned to install a stove, it must be erected simultaneously with the walls, because it will be much more difficult to properly lay down a brick brazier after construction is completed.
Do not forget about communications and the presence of electrical wiring. If it is planned to create a solid structure, you need to consider in advance the location of windows and doors, as well as their type of opening.
After laying the last circle of bricks with the help of anchors, a beam is fixed, on which the truss system is then built. A crate is made under the roof, where the selected building material is then attached. Do not forget to put moisture-resistant plywood under the soft cover. At the last stage of construction, windows and doors are installed, as well as glazing.
In most cases, buildings are equipped with complexes for cooking. If the owners are planning to install a barbecue oven for a brick gazebo, several factors must be considered:
- a separate reinforced foundation for the construction of the furnace is thought out in advance — at the stage of construction of the base of the gazebo;
- furnaces are considered massive structures, the back of which can be used as an element of the common wall of the gazebo.
If you plan to install a stove or barbecue made of bricks in the gazebo with your own hands, the construction needs to be considered at the stage of drawing up the drawing, because their presence affects the design features of the roof. So, you will need to organize holes for the chimney, fire coupling, and also for insulation.
Helpful advice! When building a complex on your own, it is best to use a ready-made ordering scheme that has been tested in practice, or to hire a specialist who will complete the project that best suits your needs.
What can be done from broken bricks at their summer cottage
After construction, the question often arises of what can be done from the brick that remains after the work. Basically, broken brick is used for such purposes:
- foundation foundation structures;
- implementation of garden paths;
- making benches;
- erection of a brazier;
- for landscape design;
- creating a pit.
Many people think about what can be made from broken bricks in the country. Very often, a foundation is erected from it to create a fence or a gazebo. In this case, instead of crushed stone, broken brick is poured into the dug trench, which is subsequently poured with concrete. It is important to consider here that the fight can only be used for the foundation, which will not be affected by a large mass. Otherwise, the material will crumble, which will lead to the destruction of the foundation.
Are there other solutions on how to use old brick in the country? Another popular option is the paving of paths in the ancient Roman style. In this case, it is more effective to use red brick, which looks attractive. In addition to broken bricks, you will need sand and small gravel.
To make the path smooth, you must first mark up and remove 20 cm of the soil layer. First, a brick is laid out, after which everything is covered with sand and compacted. At the last stage, broken brick is used, which is leveled and rammed very tightly. If desired, everything is sprinkled with sand.
A brick gazebo will be a great addition to any site, because it not only looks attractive, but can also become a gathering place for the whole family. Depending on the frequency and features of use, an optimal design is created, sizes and shapes are selected. It is necessary to competently approach the construction and choice of materials in order to increase the life of the building. A simple barbecue oven or barbecue will help make the gazebo more functional.