Garden swing made of metal — drawings with dimensions
Garden swing made of metal — drawings with dimensions
A swing for a garden to relax in the summer in the country, you can do it yourself, and you just need to choose the right drawing. You can garden swings made of metal or other materials, and even choose models to your liking.
Metal garden swing. Structures made of profiled pipes, bent sheet iron, forging are strong and reliable, with a long service life. You can make a swing with your own hands, even from recycled materials.
Metal garden swing
Here is a list of the main materials that are used for the carrier and support rail:
- Aluminum profile.
- Cut sheet metal.
- Pipes with different sections.
- Steel beams.
- metal profiles.
Bench seats are usually made of wood, because the metal is able to warm up from the heat of the sun. There are several main varieties:
- Models with spring suspension.
- Portable hanging models.
- Swing bench for several people.
When the type of construction is selected, you can proceed to search for ready-made drawings of rocking chairs in the garden, or draw a diagram with your own hands. Children’s models are suitable for the case when the design is planned to be made from auxiliary materials that are on the farm. There are 3 types of products for recreation, and their shape strongly resembles the letters P, L and A. Such a construct can be called optimal in terms of reliable stability. The main advantages of metal structures include:
- Durability and reliability.
- Long service life.
- Practicality, because they are easy to care for.
- Resistant to temperature extremes, as well as ultraviolet radiation.
- Excellent resistance to wind loads.
- Organically fit into the design of the landscape.
Metal is required to be combined with wood or plastic.
Swing with a bench for several people
This type of rocking chairs for the whole family fits into the layout of the summer cottage in an original way. They are mass-produced in a huge assortment, and stationary or portable structures are completed with a canopy (awning), or they make a hard shelter from polycarbonate, wood. A swing equipped with a roof is more profitable, and metal elements do not heat up in the sun and there is protection from rain. Additionally, mosquito nets are required. Swings with a bench, which are designed for a couple of people, are typical models for garden plots. Consider the main structural elements.
Seat or bench
Dimensions must be calculated taking into account the model. There are a couple of types of connection parts. The welded type will be preferable, because the screw fastening is influenced by the vibration effect when the untwisting swings. It is also required to tighten the nuts and bolts from time to time. According to the drawing of a metal garden swing, you need to drill a hole in the crossbar with your own hands, insert a bolt into it, in which an eye nut will be attached. A bench is suspended by means of a connecting ring, and the connection is lubricated from time to time so that there is no damage to the mechanism, as well as creaking.
The alignment of the iron swing begins with the installation of the frame, and for portable structures it will be correct to make a connecting frame from a metal profile along the lower frame perimeter. Stationary — it is required to dig into the ground to a depth of 0.5-0.6 meters, and then concreted. All metal elements of the structure are treated with compounds, they prevent the formation of rust, and then they are painted.
They are structurally simpler and are made of side posts, as well as crossbars. Stability will be provided by the upper corner strips that connect the supports. U-shaped structures are less stable, and therefore such swings are deepened into the ground, with further concreting. When drawing up a plan, as well as a schematic representation of the model, it is important to take into account certain points. The seats are suspended at a height of 0.5 to 0.6 meters, and a minimum indent of 0.3 meters is made from the side supports.
Making a swing with your own hands from wood
Wood structures will naturally fit into the landscape design concept. The farm always has materials for harvesting wood — logs, timber, boards. Ease of processing, wood plasticity are another advantage, and unlike metal, they do not heat up so much in the sun. The durability of the structure can be given by means of treatment that prevent moisture from entering the material, paint compositions that form a film on the surface. The frame is made with the same shape as for metal structures. To build a swing, choose a model, and then make its scheme. Before drawing, you need to decide what type of wood will be used. Here is the layout of the material for a triple swing.
|Structural elements||Building material dimensions, cm||Quantity|
|support frame||The timber will be a side support, 10*10||3 meters (i.e. 4 pieces)|
|Rigel||Beam 8*8 cm||2.5 running meters|
Back and bench
|Self-tapping screws, bolts, metal corner, eye nuts (fixing the swing)|
Measurements are taken in meters, and the structural evenness is checked with a building level and a corner. Details need to be cut with a saw, as well as an electric jigsaw. Everything is sanded with sandpaper, an angle grinder with a special nozzle. A screwdriver is used to screw in the screws, and holes in the wood are made with a drill with drills with different diameters. We recommend watching a video of the simplest assembly of a swing made of wood with your own hands. The sequence of manufacturing a garden swing from metal according to the drawing is as follows:
- Mark the workpiece according to the drawings — with an electric jigsaw, a saw cuts the workpiece.
- Assembly of the side racks of the A-shaped frame (we are talking about bars 10 * 10 cm). For stability, they need to be connected with side types of screeds (boards 3 * 10 cm), and then fastened with bolts.
- Fastening finished side racks by means of a crossbar (beam 8 * 8 cm) by means of bolts, as well as metal corners.
- A pair of frames is assembled from 5.6 * 5.3 cm bars — seats (20 * 5 cm) and backs (20 * 6.5 cm), and a board for facing with self-tapping screws is required to be sewn onto the frame.
- It is required to drill a hole in the crossbar, insert a bolt, an eye nut and a connecting type ring are fixed to it.
- It is required to fasten eye nuts to the edges of the bench and backrest, pull the cable through them (we are talking about a rope rope and a chain) and fasten it to the crossbar.
The side types of racks of stationary types of structures should be 0.5-0.6 meters longer. Before deepening into the ground, it is required to treat them with means that prevent moisture from entering the tree. The simplest method is bitumen coating.
How to make a garden swing from profile pipes
Such material is ideal in terms of the distribution of frame loads. A simple welded-type design from a 5 cm profile pipe will become the basis for creating a children’s swing. The design dimensions are:
- Height 1.8 meters.
- The step width of the stack is 1.4 meters.
- The width of the crossbeams is 1.6 meters.
- Seat (width) 0.5 meters.
- The depth is 0.35 meters.
- The height from the ground is 0.5 meters.
You will need:
- A couple of bearings.
- Metallic «ears» (loops) to which the swing is attached.
- Boards to create a seat.
- A couple of meters of metal corner.
- 16 meters of profile pipes with a cross section of 5 cm for racks.
It is important in advance to prepare the pit in order to concrete the supports (cement, sand, as well as a container for making mortar). You will need a welding machine, an angle grinder with a nozzle or saws for metal, as well as an electric drill with a set of drills, a building level and a tape measure. The assembly sequence is:
- First you need to weld the A-shaped side racks, and there should be a step of 1.4 meters between them. Remember that 0.5-0.6 meters of racks will go deep into the ground and everything can be concreted.
- After that, install a crossbar with pre-welded metal hinges to the side supports.
- From metal corners, you can assemble the seat frame by welding, and you need to attach a profile pipe to it (that is, seat suspensions).
- Install suspension structures on the crossbeam with bearings.
Consider another type of swing.
How to make a cocoon swing
The swing, made in the form of a cocoon, is a peculiar form and the fact that it evokes a feeling of association with solitary relaxation. Photos and drawings of metal garden swings are presented below. You can make such a swing from:
- Vines and rattan.
- Bent polypropylene or plastic pipes.
- Natural twine from synthetics.
- Welded and prefabricated metal structures.
This is not the whole list of materials from which the cocoon is made. The main thing will be the manufacture of a solid foundation, that is, a frame. Hoops and arcs made of metal are decorated with various means, and the metal is treated with coloring compounds, wrapped with rope and woven material. The main thing is that you approach the work creatively. How to make a do-it-yourself cocoon swing is shown in the video. Such swings are usually fixed on a stationary wooden support, or to a metal profile. Its creation requires certain working skills with such materials. It will be much easier to make a structure by attaching it to a suspension support with a rigging mechanism. The rocking effect is achieved not by millet through amplitude oscillations — the cocoon is suspended on strong springs, which are able to withstand the weight of a person.
The swing is made like this:
- Draw a frame diagram — the recommended height of the cocoon for each person is 1-1.4 meters, and the depth is 0.9-1.2 meters, the width is 1-1.2 meters. All indicators are chosen depending on the height and weight of family members.
- Based on the drawings, a cocoon frame is made, made of a hoop along the perimeter and 1-3 ribs for rigidity along the total radius. Additionally, everything is required to be reinforced with transverse types of jumpers made of metal-plastic or plastic pipes.
- The third stage is the decoration and filling of the cocoon frame. Depending on the material, you can mask the frame, or leave it open. The space between the stiffeners must be filled with twine (artificial or natural), rattan and fabric materials.
- The cocoon is attached to the suspension support by means of rigging connections on a chain, cable, rope and straps. They will be attached to the upper part of the frame, and if everything is suspended on a spring, then it is better to weld a metal ring at the assembly stage.
Inside the cocoon, you can lay pillows equipped with a soft filler.
It is required to start all work with a drawing in order to correctly calculate everything, and the mechanism was convenient, functional in use. A swing made by hand will bring special pleasure, because fantasy and inspiration are invested in them. They will be a source of pride for the work done.
- 5 Stunningly Beautiful Minimalist Plots (I Want to Give Up the Garden)
- 7 useful accessories that will make you want to spend even more time in the garden
- Not only water lilies: 5 beautiful plants for a country pond
- 6 successful examples of zoning a summer cottage
- How to grow a petunia: a detailed guide for gardeners
- Moyo садовая техника
- Без рубрики
- Благоустройство участка
- Дача, сад, огород
- Двор и ограждения
- Деревья кустарники
- Дизайн сада
- Мангалы, коптильни
- Озеленение участка
- Участок с нуля
- Цветы и травы
- Элементы сада