What do you need to convert a commercial property into a residential property? – All about repair

What do you need to convert a commercial property into a residential property?

What do you need to convert a commercial property into a residential property?For any person, investor, owner or manager of a building who would like to change its use from business to residential, it is important that this is done in accordance with the applicable letter of the law and in accordance with the guidelines set out in the regulations. It should be noted that if you are interested in this issue, we recommend visiting the site — sntdomvzhiloe.ru.

How to convert a commercial space into a residential one?

First of all, you must complete all the formalities, which you must report to the relevant poviat starost or city government with poviat rights. In documents, you note current and future usage and add attachments that are necessary for due consideration. That is, for example: a document confirming the right to the occupied premises and a certificate of compliance with the purpose of the building to the current local development plan.

A completed application for notification of a change in the purpose of a building or part of it, together with the annexes, is considered by the city government immediately within a period not exceeding 30 days.

The process of converting a service building into a residential

Once you have been notified of the change you wish to apply for, you should also consider redevelopment if necessary, and you will also need to apply for a building permit. Of course, all information on this issue is provided by the relevant department.

For a positive consideration of the application, you must wait up to 30 days. If it has not been challenged by then, you will consider this consent to the change. Then you need to contact the department for a certificate of the absence of contraindications to the conversion of the building or premises into residential.

Another document required for further procedures is a certificate of independence of the premises. This is the main application, which this time is submitted to the Department of Geodesy and Cartography of this department and is not subject to stamp duty. The waiting period for consent to make changes is 30 days.

Conversion rules depending on local laws

Changing the purpose of a service building to residential is not the same everywhere. All steps and procedures described above may vary slightly in different parts of the country. Therefore, it is always worth asking officials for answers to your questions. They are the ones who know best how to effectively complete such a process so that all actions comply with applicable law.