HOW HIGH PRESSURE WASHER WORKS
It is a pleasure to use a mini-wash in everyday life or to clean a car. But in order for the device to function flawlessly, it is necessary to adhere to safety rules and avoid mistakes during its operation.
How the minisink works and what you need to consider before starting cleaning — we will tell further.
Read: How to choose a minisink?
Construction of mini sinks
In addition to the motor and pump, five components play a key role in the efficiency of the device. Ignoring their indicators is to your own detriment.
Power varies from 700 W to 2 kW. The presence of an automatic relay on the motor protects the device from power surges. To prevent moisture from entering the motor, it is placed in a metal casing. It makes the structure heavier, but it reliably protects the engine from debris, dust and water.
Well, if the model has a cooling system. On the verge of overheating, the device turns off automatically.
2. Pump or pump
They create pressure in the range of 70-200 bar (for example, as in the Karcher K5 model). The pump housing is capable of withstanding high loads. Therefore, there are so few plastic options and many in aluminum and brass cases. These are durable materials.
3. Hose (supply)
Responsible for the supply of fluid from the source to the system. It is not attached directly to the faucet. The pressure from the jet can cause cracks to appear on it. So you need a valve.
4. Hose (pressure)
Reminds me of a pistol grip. You will need to open / close the fluid supply. A fuse is a must.
Several nozzles are included as standard. Among them is a “mud stream”, which eliminates severe pollution, washes away sand and clods of earth. Also, the kit may include soft brushes, scrapers, a hinge and a tube that allows you to get to hard-to-reach areas.
After starting the device, water from the pump is supplied under pressure. If the automatic sensor is activated, the liquid will stop flowing, but the pump chamber will contain it under pressure. If the engine is not turned off at the same time, an accident cannot be avoided. Therefore, an automatic shutdown of the motor is necessary.
Read: How to properly position the sink in the kitchen: 4 options
Things to consider before cleaning
Be sure to check the unit for warning tags and labels. And make sure that the installation of the device is safe for others and for yourself.
- Before use, read the operating instructions for the pressure washer.
- Read all warnings in the manual.
- Pay attention to the «Assembly» section, and strictly follow the instructions.
Five steps to get started.
- Choose a nozzle. It is fixed on the «gun» by turning at a right angle.
- Activate the unit using the power button.
- Remove the block from the «Pistol», then click on it.
- Control indicators on the case panel (in the presence of the Full Control system). By turning the nozzle, you can change the pressure readings.
- Select Mix mode if adding foamy chemicals.
Find out more: What is a kitchen faucet made of: device 5 different models
How a pressure washer cleans dirt
Working principle of high pressure washer:
1. Water is taken in through the supply hose.
At this time, the motor is active, due to which the pump functions.
2. The system has an inclined rotating circle
He alternately presses on the pump. As a result, there is pressure at its outlet.
3. Liquid passes through a small cross-section pipe
Thus, a jet of such pressure is created, which you set initially.
Rules for using a mini-sink
To extend the life of the installation, you need to decide which mini-wash you need (for home, car) and avoid mistakes when working with it:
- Before buying, think about storage conditions. A closed room with minimal impact of physical and climatic factors is required. The air temperature in winter should not be below 0 degrees (at the same time, there should be no water left in the installation). Otherwise, without cracks and damage in the device can not do.
- Use the washer as directed. One for washing a car, another for domestic use. Choose the right option.
- Before starting the engine, remove excess air from the pump. Air in the pump can cause an increase in the load on the mechanisms.
- Adhere to the mode of continuous operation of the device according to the instructions. It is necessary to take into account the working potential of the sink, do not overload it and allow it to cool in time.
- Clean the «gun» from household chemical residues. After work, rinse the «gun» in clean water. Next — turn on the mini-sink and let it work for about 2 minutes. only with water. This will reduce the risk of chemicals attacking the installation. In addition, you should only use approved cleaning products labeled «for touchless cleaning».
- Do not cock a gun for fun. This is a complex mechanism that, when constantly pressed, is subjected to excessive load, which leads to its rapid wear and failure.
Often use city water for washing. The presence of heavy metals and salts in the liquid negatively affects the pump, leaving deposits on it. Filters are a must, no matter how clean the water seems. All that is then required is to periodically clean and wash the filter.
Mistakes in using a pressure washer
- Lack of filters that should be located on the inlet pipe.
- Untimely check, cleaning and replacement of filters.
- Not washing the gun and the entire unit from foaming chemicals.
- Ignoring the monthly prophylaxis of the device.
- Use of dirty liquid.
- Direct connection of the hose to the drinking water supply.
- Adding detergent chemicals at high pressure.
- Untimely oil change.
- Using hot water — at +50 degrees, seals, rings deteriorate, the pump breaks.
- Storing the device in winter in an unheated room with residual water inside.
Do not forget about safety precautions. The jet must not be directed at people or glass objects. Children are not allowed access to the device.
You do not need to repair the device yourself, it is better to entrust it to specialists.
A small car wash is a simple technique suitable for cleaning cars or household items. Follow the recommendations for safety and operation, and the device will work for more than one year.
Read: How to properly install a sink in the kitchen with your own hands: instructions in 4 sections